The SDWS Framing screw is designed and load-rated for replacing 16d, 10d and 8d nails in framing applications. The SDWS Framing screw is 0.160 inch in diameter and superior to nails in holding power and pull-out resistance. It is code listed under IAPMO UES ER-192 and meets 2012 and 2015 IRC and IBC code requirements for several common wood framing applications. The screw has a SawTooth Type-17 tip with serrated threads that makes for fast installations with reduced torque without predrilling, and its specially designed head countersinks easily to provide a clean, flush finish. The T-25 bit holds the 6-lobe recess tightly, reducing cam-out and head stripping.
- Brand Name: Simpson Strong-Tie
- Sub Brand: Strong-Drive
- Callout Size: No. 8
- Length: 3 in.
- Drive Style: Star
- Head Type: Low Profile Head
- Product Type: Framing Screws
- Container Size: 4.4 lb
- Number in Package: 250 pk
- Driver Bit Included: Yes
- Color: Metallic
- Indoor or Outdoor: Indoor and Outdoor
- Diameter: 0.16 in.
- Finish: Coated
- Packaging Type: Bucket
- Thread Type: Serrated
- Application: Wood-to-wood including framing
- Material: Steel
- Large head with underhead box-nibs provides increased bearing in structural applications and provides clean and easy countersinking
- Quick Guard coating provides protection in indoor: Quick Guard coating provides protection in indoor and outdoor applications
- SawTooth Type-17 tip for quick starts with no predrilling
- Serrated threads reduce installation torque for easier driving
- The 6-lobe drive reduces driver-bit cam-outs, resulting in easier installations and longer bit life
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.